3800 Homer Street, Los Angeles
Established in 1969, this living history museum tells the story of the development of Southern California – from its earliest days as a small pueblo to the bustling metropolis that over 3 million Southern Californians call home today. Through guided tours of nine historic structures and an ever-changing array of exhibits and special events, Heritage Square transports guests back in time to an era when electricity was a novelty, a trip to the beach was often a full-weekend activity, and manners were distinctly different from those of today.
2017 MOTA DAY ACTIVITIES:
- Guests can watch traditional blacksmithing demonstrations from Adam’s Forge.
- Ragtime pianist Galen Wilkes will perform.
- Costume docents will be on hand at the historical structures on site.
- Children can play with Victorian toys, do crafts, and learn about plants and flowers in the Ford House Kitchen garden.
- “Pump & Splash” will be onsite for water fun.