The Los Angeles Police Museum
6045 York Boulevard, Los Angeles
Opened in 2001, the museum displays the rich history of the LAPD from its 1869 beginnings. Located in the 1925 Highland Park Police Station, the museum was salvaged and restored to its original Renaissance Revival style and is a registered National Historic landmark.
2015 MOTA DAY ACTIVITIES:
- MOTA Day visitors can tour the facilities which feature private collections and historical memorabilia that date back to the late 1800s.
- For MOTA Day’s “Out of the Vault Exhibit,” the LA Police Museum will display a pair of bejeweled police badges, formally known as presentation badges. The Captain of Detectives badge is 100 years old, and the other is from 1948.
- Check out vehicle shelter where kids can climb into a retired police helicopter.
- Visitors can experience a real jail cell and snap their own free police booking photos.
- View other fascinating permanent exhibitions about police and crime in LA!