The Los Angeles Police Museum
6045 York Boulevard, Los Angeles
Opened in 2001, the museum displays the rich history of the LAPD from its 1869 beginnings. Located in the 1925 Highland Park Police Station, the museum was salvaged and restored to its original Renaissance Revival style and is a registered National Historic landmark.
2017 MOTA DAY ACTIVITIES:
- MOTA Day visitors can tour the facilities which feature private collections and historical memorabilia that date back to the late 1800s.
- Vintage L.A. Coppers will display vintage cars and costumed re-enactors in front of the museum.
- Check out vehicle shelter where kids can climb into a retired police helicopter.
- Visitors can experience a real jail cell, snap their own free police booking photos or stand in a criminal lineup in the Interrogation Room.
- View other fascinating permanent exhibitions about police and crime in LA!