The Los Angeles Police Museum
6045 York Boulevard, Los Angeles
Opened in 2001, the museum displays the rich history of the LAPD from its 1869 beginnings. Located in the 1925 Highland Park Police Station, the museum was salvaged and restored to its original Renaissance Revival style and is a registered National Historic landmark.
2016 MOTA DAY ACTIVITIES:
- MOTA Day visitors can tour the facilities which feature private collections and historical memorabilia that date back to the late 1800s.
- For MOTA Day’s “Hidden in Plain Sight,” the LA Police Museum encourages you to check out the gun that
that killed police officer Ian Campbell in the museum’s permanent Onion Field exhibit.
- Vintage L.A. Coppers will display a vintage car in front of the museum.
- Check out vehicle shelter where kids can climb into a retired police helicopter.
- Visitors can experience a real jail cell and snap their own free police booking photos.
- View other fascinating permanent exhibitions about police and crime in LA!